Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I turned on two factor Authentication and it says some of my…

Customer Question
I turned on two...

I turned on two factor Authentication and it says some of my accounts services will not be available until I sign in again. Then they ask me for my Apple ID. I put that in and it says to go to one of my other devices signed in to iCloud to approve my iphone. I go to my Macbook and I thought I did that but my phone still shows "approve this iphone.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Today

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm not tech savy.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
Is anyone there?
I have been waiting a LONG time!!!
3/13/2018
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Go to your Apple ID account page at the link below and click "Forgot Apple ID or password." If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-factor authentication instead.

https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin

Enter your Apple ID.

Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue and follow the rest of the steps as prompted.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.