Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I want to change my email for my Apple ID as it was linked…

Customer Question
I want to change...

I want to change my email for my Apple ID as it was linked to a Buisness that I sold how can I do that ?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I have never changed it

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No I will google that Thank you

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No that’s it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
3/13/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Aparna Indresh, Mac Enthusiast replied 1 month ago
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi please send instructions by email how to change my email on my Apple ID

If your Apple ID email address ends with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com, you can only change your email address to another @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com email that's already associated with your account. Changing your email address will change the Apple ID that other people see when sharing with you and what Apple shows when referring to your account.

Use these steps on your Apple ID account page.

1. Go to https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin and sign in.
  2. In the Account section, click Edit.
  3. Under your Apple ID, click Change Apple ID. Then you get a list of emails to choose from that you can use as your Apple ID. You can only use email addresses that are already associated with your account. To see these addresses, check Reachable At in the Account section of appleid.apple.com.
  4. Choose the one that you want to use as your Apple ID. You can only change your Apple ID to an @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com email.
  5. Click Continue.

Please let me know if that helps.

If your Apple ID is a third-party email address:

Before you change your Apple ID email address, you need to sign out of every Apple service and device that uses your Apple ID. If you want to use your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to change your Apple ID, stay signed in to your Apple ID on just that device.

When you change your Apple ID, you can enter another third-party email address. Or you can enter an @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com email address that's already associated with your account. To see these addresses, check Reachable At in the Account section of appleid.apple.com.

Use your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 10.3 or later

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > Name, Phone Numbers, Email.
  2. Next to Reachable At, tap Edit, then delete your current Apple ID.
  3. Tap Continue. Enter the Apple ID that you want to use.
  4. Tap Next.

Use your Apple ID account page

2. In the Account section, click Edit.
  3. Under your Apple ID, click Change Apple ID.
  4. Enter the Apple ID that you want to use.
  5. Click Continue.

If you enter a new Apple ID that ends with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com, you see a message to confirm. When you change your Apple ID to an @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com account, you can't change it back to a third-party email account. Your former Apple ID that ends with a third-party email, becomes an additional email address for your Apple ID account.

Please let me know if you are able to change your Apple Id.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That doesn’t work it says that Email is used by Another Apple ID
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No it won’t change it says Darryl Lind @Gmail is used by another user but it’s not it’s me I just want to Get***@******.*** email of my devices as I do not own that company anymore and it is blocking me from getting my normal emails

Sorry for the inconvenience caused may I know your current Apple ID and the Id to which you want to change it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my Apple ID is [email protected] Tech-industries.com

You can change your Apple ID to any other email address* you control, as long as it's not already in use as an Apple ID.

Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 1 month ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. I see the previous expert has opened the question up to the rest of the experts. Are you still in need of assistance?

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius