Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My Apple ID for the App Store & ITunes has been reset to my…

Customer Question
My Apple ID for...

My Apple ID for the App Store & ITunes has been reset to my old Apple ID that doesn’t exist anymore so I can’t update any of my apps.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I reset my Apple ID over a year ago when I got a new 6s. A couple months ago my ID switched back to the old ID & I haven’t been able to update an app since

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. I never use my laptop. I just use my phone for everything

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/13/2018
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Go to your Apple ID account page at the link below on your laptop and click "Forgot Apple ID or password." If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-factor authentication instead.

https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin

Enter your Apple ID.

Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue and follow the rest of the steps as prompted. Once you are in you can make changes to your Apple ID.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.