Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am collating chapters by various authors in an edited

I am collating chapters...

I am collating chapters by various authors in an edited volume, with each author using their own preferences for footnotes, spacing, font, etc. When i try to collate all the chapters in one document, footnotes disappeared

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

Word for mac

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Word?

Not sure should i try that?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Word?

I tried to add the second chapter to the first and the footnotes or endnotes of the second chapter disappeared when I combined the two

3/14/2018
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. I am sorry for the length of time you have been waiting. With that in mind are you still in need of assistance?

What? Several authors wrote chapters for an edited volume using different types of font, footnotes/endnotes, spacing, etc. I need help collating the chapter into one document.

This is something that has to be manually done.

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius
but when i try to do it, I fail. Footnotes disappear, spacing change, etc. Can I email the chapters to you to pay to do it?

The footnotes should not be in the body. Why are they in the body?

That happens when I combine documents.
Do you have access to my computer now?

No. The foot notes need to be correct then this will all work like normal. I am not going to do it for you. I will tell you what is wrong.

Each author used correct footnotes. When I combined the chapters the footnotes messed up. So the footnotes WERE correct before I tried to combine chapters. What am I paying you 40 dollars for? Can I cancel that? You have given me nothing that I didn't already know.

Sure. We can cancel.

I will submit your refund request now. I will not be able to respond after as customer service will handle it from there. Thanks and have a wonderful day!