Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I keep getting call telling me there’s something suspicious…

Customer Question
I keep getting call...

I keep getting call telling me there’s something suspicious and to call a number they say is the Apple company. Can you check to see if there is something going on

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Iphone

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

A few days

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Will this cost me

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Shefin, Mac Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Shefin, Mac Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

It is a SCAM!!!

Please do not provide any information or do not use the link they have given to reset your account. They are using fake links to steal your information like your email account and credit card payments. They may ask to update your credit card number, please do not do that.

Security researchers have identified a “highly effective” phishing scam that’s been fooling Apple customers into divulging their login credentials. The scheme, which has been gaining popularity in the past few months and has reportedly been hitting other email services, involves a clever trick that can be difficult to detect.

If you see a message while browsing the web that your iPhone, Mac, or other Apple device has a virus, or someone claiming to be from Apple calls and asks for your account name and password, you’re likely the target of a scam.

Scammers use any means they can—fake emails, pop-up ads, text messages, even phone calls—to try to trick you into sharing personal information, such as your Apple ID password ***** credit card information. Use this information to protect your account and avoid scams.

Please check the information in the link below.

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204759

If you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
It was a phone call and I was in my car

Scammers use any means they can—fake emails, pop-up ads, text messages, even phone calls—to try to trick you into sharing personal information, such as your Apple ID password ***** credit card information.

Apple do not call you or send such pop-ups. Currently, there are no viruses that affect iPhones unless they are jailbroken. What you're seeing is scam.

Get detailed information from the link below.

https://bigideatech.com/a-virus-on-your-iphone-or-a-tech-support-scam/

Thank you!

Customer/p>