Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

What does it mean when: apple ID is being used to sign in to…

Customer Question
Hi what does it...

Hi what does it mean when: apple ID is being used to sign in to an Ipod near Berlin?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

After I got this message I changed it but then I sa it again.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I just don’t want anybody to have an access to my phone

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/13/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

There have been a lot of these scam emails going around lately and they will ask you for personal information like your social security number or other personal information. Apple would never ask you for information like this.

Make sure you can sign in here https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin and if you can go ahead and delete that email. If you cannot sign in reset your password. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Hi what does it mean that my apple ID is. Eing used to sign in to Ipod in another city

It means someone may have tried to use your ID from a location you have never logged in from before, however as I said there have been a lot of fake emails like this which are just telling you a lie in order for you to click the link and provide your account information. So this email may not be legit at all and no one used your ID. So if you do use your apple ID confirm you can sign in, and if you cannot reset your password. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.