Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I was locked out of my gmail because I could not recall my…

Customer Question
I was locked out...

I was locked out of my gmail because I could not recall my password. It all started when I had a notice that there was an mac update. I updated, but it seemed different so I contacted Apple support. They helped me clean up

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

No not now. I just changed my iTunes id and would like to use it for my gmail password. Apple support recommended I download 1Passport so I don't have issues with passwords. I did that

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes. My mistake was that the 2-step verification went to my husbands phone and he was not here so I could not type in the code.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I can give you my new password ***** gmail

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/13/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 4 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When could you last sign into your account?

Please let me know