Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My phone reset last night on its own and now need my Apple…

Customer Question
My phone reset last...

My phone reset last night on its own and now need my Apple ID and password ***** which I have forgotten...

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Not sure if I ever have?

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I would like to set everything to the same as I use on everything else so I don’t have this problem in the future!

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
3/13/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 month ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your email and password. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

If you forgot your apple id:

Go to your Apple ID account page and click Forgot Apple ID or password.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201487
When you're asked to enter your Apple ID, click Forgot Apple ID.Enter your first name, last name, and email address. If you enter the wrong email address, you can try again with a different one.

To reset your password:

You can reset your password ***** you go to your Apple ID account page and click Forgot Apple ID or password.

Enter your Apple ID, select the option to reset your password, then click Continue.

After you enter your Apple ID, you can see how to reset your password ***** on the security features that you're using with your account. For example, if you set up two-factor authentication, your steps will be different than if your account uses security questions.

If you get locked out or stuck on reset:
I would suggest syncing your ipad/iphone first, with itunes on your computer. This will make a backup that we will need later on in these repair steps.

Heres how https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201253

Once you have synced the ipad, next.. We need to restore the ipad to factory default settings.. Heres how to do that

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

Once complete.. last of all, we just need to restore your data from a backup.. Heres how to do that

https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht204184

That page shows you how to restore from icloud and itunes as well..

Hi, checking in on you. Were you able to reset online or run into an error?

Please update so i can close this issue out or continue your troubleshooting.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin