Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPhone 10 touch screen isn’t working. Last night it has…

Customer Question
My iPhone 10 touch...

My iPhone 10 touch screen isn’t working

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your iPhone?

Last night it has 90% power

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 10 seconds)?

Won’t let me because it wants me to slide to power off can’t since touch screen isn’t working

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Vinod Menon, Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Hi
Sorry to hear about your issue :(
How long have you been facing this issue?
Thank you
Vinod
All morning
Thank you.
Let’s try a simple reset.
Press and quickly release volume up button.
Then Press and quickly release volume down button.
Now hold down the power button until the phone goes off and come back on with an Apple logo.
Let’s see if that resolves your issue.
It won’t do that since the touch screen won’t let me slide to power off
Ignore the slide to power off. Keep holding the power button for 8-15 sec and the phone should go off. If not, try the process once again.Let’s try a simple reset.
Press and quickly release volume down button.
Let’s see if that resolves your issue.
Just black screen Apple never appeared
May be we did not hold it long enough.
Can we now hold down the power button for 3-8 sec. let’s see if it turns on.
I got 4 text messages but can’t open them
Will not shut down frustrating
I understand. This is unfortunately the only way to do a simple reset.
Let’s try it once more.
Let’s try a simple reset.
Let’s see if that resolves your issue.
Finally Apple appeared
Went back to home screen still no touch working
Could be a software issue.
The next thing we can try is a restore. This will delete everything from the phone unless you have a backup in iCloud or computer.
So make sure you back it up first before trying a restore.To restore, open iTunes in the computer and connect the phone to the computer. Your phone will be recognised by iTunes. Click on the phone logo in iTunes and you will find the restore button
Have no way of doing this I’m talking to you from my iPad
We need a computer to do a restore.
If you don’t have a computer, do you have any Apple store nearby?
Yeah hate going there I guess you can’t help me I’m lost without this phone
Unfortunately we are restricted to chat. If you have a computer with iTunes installed, we can restore the phone.
But if you don’t have a computer, unfortunately Apple store is our only option:(
Thanks for your help
You are welcome