Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I believe an unauthorized person has signed onto my Apple…

Hello, I believe an...

Hello, I believe an unauthorized person has signed onto my Apple Id

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I received the message on my iPhone. I do not allow anyone else access to my account. The message is that someone is using FaceTime on one of my iPads. I also do not use facetime

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I simply would like my account to be temporarily disabled as I am traveling out of town on business

3/13/2018
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Are you still able to sign into your Apple ID?

Please let me know

thank you

Richard, Apple Software Engineer
I do not remember my Apple ID and I am traveling. I keep my ID written down in a locked location at home. I would like to have my password *****
Standing by

Thank you

Please note, these instructions are done on a computer

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

I am not near a computer. I am in a hotel room. My Apple ID is linked to***@******.*** and my iPhone(###) ###-####
I guess I should have added that I am speaking to you via an iPad. Hence perhaps the mac link will work after all.

No it only works on a computer

Your Apple ID is your email address, if you go to my link below

www.icloud.com

Can you sign in with it there?

The link takes me to a destination to set up iCloud. I have never enabled iCloud. Can I just have my Apple ID password ***** as it appears that it may have been hacked

yes, this is where you sign in for your Apple ID account, can you sign in?

I am sorry. I am lost in the link. I do not see where to go to reset my ID

This is the link

http://www.icloud.com/

No. I cannot sign in. Is it possible my password ***** been changed already?

Yes, if you click on my link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

try to reset your password ***** please

Let me know how you go

Ok I was able to initiate password ***** Thanks

You are welcome