Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an iMac. I can't log into iCloud. It won't accept my…

Customer Question
I have an iMac...

I have an iMac. I can't log into iCloud. It won't accept my password ***** can I changer the password. Help!

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I have not changed either for several months. I think my credit card expired and I tried to many times to log on.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/13/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 4 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

What exactly happens when you try to change the password?

Please let me know

Thank you

Nothingg happens. The computer locked up. Apparently I tried to log on to many times because my credit card expired.

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.