Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I keep trying to get to my icloud email account. Says I'm…

Customer Question
I keep trying to...

I keep trying to get to my icloud email account. Says I'm lock out. Followed the process to open account, continues to say there's an error. Haven't checked email in a couple of years. Please help.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No I'm not.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I have security questions but when I answer them it says there's an error somewhere and doesn't let me do anything else.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so...

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/13/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer replied 4 months ago
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

Thanks for you question today. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist.

If you or someone else enters your password, security questions, or other account information incorrectly too many times, your Apple ID automatically locks to protect your security and you can't sign in to any Apple services. You can unlock your Apple ID after you verify your identity.

If your Apple ID is locked for security reasons, you might see one of these alerts:

• “This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons”
  • "You can't sign in because your account was disabled for security reasons"
  • "This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons"

When you see one of these alerts, you can go to iforgot.apple.com to unlock your account with your existing password ***** to reset your password. After multiple unsuccessful attempts to unlock your account, your Apple ID will remain locked and you can try again the next day.

If you use two-factor authentication, you need a trusted device or trusted phone number to unlock your Apple ID. And if you have a recovery key, you can use it to help you regain access to your account.

This should get your apple account unlocked.

If this helps, please rate me 5 stars! Best of Luck

Thanks,

Jamie

Hello, did you need any further assistance with this? Let me know if you do.

Thanks,
Jamie