Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a mac and noticed in Keychain that there is apsd rsa…

Customer Question
I have a mac...

I have a mac and noticed in Keychain that there is apsd rsa acl certificate. Never noticed it before so I was wondering exactly what it is.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

Sierra

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

I called Apple but they did not seem forthcoming about it after taking a screen shot of it and sending it to their engineers.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

At first I was unable to delete it. But after a few tries and a reboot, it went away. I’d just like to know what exactly it is.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
3/13/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 5 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about keychain. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

when does this come up?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Do you know what the apsd rsa acl cert is for?
I just want to know what the cert is for. If you do not know, you can tell me that you don’t know.

That particular cert is tied to a process called apsd which is process on your computer. As for why this cert is causing you issues there is not a particular reason unless you use a VPN. Do you use a VPN?

I had used one from the app store. This apsd cert in Keychain is ndicated as 1024 bit, but I thought Apple stopped using 1024 bit years ago. And the expiration date on it was many months BEFORE I had downloaded the VPN app. So I figured it wasn’t that app.

1024 bit is currently the best of the market. Why would you think 1024bit would be old???

Just from what I have been reading online. So 1024 is ok? I should not worry about it?

Not at all. VPN's don't make anything secure anyhow... unless you are connecting to your own personal network. You do know that right?

thank you. ***** said it seemed awfully strange that it was listed on the left side of Keychain. I’d never seen it that way before. There’s a query string listed but I don’t know how to find out any information about it. It does state that it’s for iDevice.

Anything related to a VPN has a keychain listing. That is where certs are held. So it isn't weird.

Could it be related to something other than a VPN?

no