Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a question abour my new ipad.. It will not accept…

I have a question...

I have a question abour my new ipad.. It will not accept password.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

I don't kow a lot about that.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

I just got it Friday.. I used it Saturday.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

It just will not let me in.

3/13/2018
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about iPad. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Passcode or Apple ID and Password?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

remote means you fix the problem yourself, correct?

yes.

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius
will you need my email to my ipad.. I logged in with my desktop.
Are you here?

Click this link on your computer to connect remotely.

Once on the site DO NOT close the Join Session Popup

Click Download App

Once Downloaded

Click Launch App

uestion? I don't need this PC fixed I need my Ipad fixed.. Why do I have to download a program on this PC to remote control another source..
>
Can I please get some help?
I purchased a new iPad and I entered password ***** night. I used the ipad Saturday morning and it worked fine. I tried to enter password ***** and it wouldn't let me connect. I just need to know how do I reset password ***** have the original sent to me to verify I have it correct.
TD White
TD White, Mac Enthusiast

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I've been a Mac Specialist and Tutor for over 15 years. I will be more than happy to assist you with your support request.

My apologies for the difficulty you are experiencing with your password ***** working for your iPad.

Now just a few quick questions if you would, I will get right into helping you resolve this issue.

* The Password you are referring to, is it the one you use when signing in with your Apple ID email?

-OR-

Is it the Passcode, that allows you access into your iPad?

Your answer will allow me to move forward to get an effective answer for you.

Thanks, ***** ***** your response.

-TD

Passcode

Thanks for your patience, I know just what you need to get this issue resolved. Please bear with me for a few minutes as I process the instructions for you.

Will be right with you within 5 minutes.

Thanks

-TD

Thanks for your patience.

If you want to keep your data on your iPhone 6, there is a way to do so without deleting all of the content on your phone, while at the same time gaining access back into your iPhone.

1.) This process works if you have a computer or laptop, Mac or Windows, is not an issue-

If you do, continue with steps 2-5 - IF you don't, just let me know.

2.) You must have iTunes installed on your computer or notebook

3.) Now you have to take the lightning cable of your iPhone and connect the USB cable into the port of your computer or laptop.

- This is necessary, for the next few steps.

4.) You will now need to press and hold the Side button on your iPhone 6 and the Home button at the bottom of the phone.

5.) Hold those two buttons until you see an iTunes logo with an image of a lightning cable pointing up.

This is where you will now follow the last steps through this article from Apple below, only because their article provides illustrations of what you are supposed to see in this process.

Link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

Now to help you understand why you are performing this process, you are literally using iTunes to remove the passcode-locked iOS on your iPhone 6, and replacing it with a new version of the same iOS (iPhone Operating System), without any Passcode lock--

This way you will be able to go through iOS Setup Assistant

and in this process, create a new Passcode (if you want, or bypass it) and get back into your iPhone 6 once again.

I am going to allow you to review this, but if you would like me to give you a call, I will go ahead and send a small offer to help you through this process, step, by step over the phone, if you like.

Just let me know:)

Thanks, ***** ***** your response and update.

-TD