Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My apple I Paad won’t charge. How do I find that out?

Customer Question
My apple I Paad...

My apple I Paad won’t charge.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

How do I find that out?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Changed outlet/ changed lead/ turned pad off restarted down to 3%

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Don’t think so/ I’m not a good tech person

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
3/13/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 5 months ago
Michael T

Hi my name is ***** ***** will be assisting you with this issue today

I see what you have tried already and they have not worked... I am always reluctant to answer these types of questions because the outcome is never good... The only other thing you can try is cleaning out the charging port inside your ipad.

50% of the time with this issue, it can be a tiny piece of lint preventing the charge from taking place that may be stuck in the port. It could be very small... Take a toothpick and gently clean inside and then try to charge again and see if it now had power getting to it from the cord.. Let me know. Thanks Mike