Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Scammed. Computer and phones and ipad. No detected trouble…

Customer Question
Computer and phones...

Computer and phones and ipad

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

No detected trouble with iPad. Just concerned that desktop is comprised and everything else is associated with that desktop. Have desktop turned off for now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Don’t know enough to ask about

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/13/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 4 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about scams. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

What seemed to happen with your desktop?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

I was duped that I was speaking to apple representative and my computer had been hacked. I gave them all sorts of info before I realized that I’d been scammed. They were able to control my computer remotely. Got into my amazon account. Tried to charge $300 from Walmart

Do you believe you are speaking with Apple or Justanswer.com?

Just a answer I guess. My hubby got me into this. Don’t know how he contacted you

Ok. I can check over your system remotely. You will be in control during this process

You know I’m a bit gun shy after all that’s happened so I think I’ll pass. Thanks anyway. Bye

Have a wonderful night!