Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I got an email for a purchase through the iTunes Store that…

I got an email...

I got an email for a purchase through the iTunes Store that I did not make. I tried to cancel it but my 2 credit cards are not used for this order. I can’t go any farther on your app to cancel this transaction (order #TY982200GLL) without a card # and I don’t want to have to return this item. Please HELP!!! Jodi***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

Connection is fine. I’ve checked from both.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

No

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/13/2018
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. I am sorry for the length of time you have been waiting. With that in mind are you still in need of assistance?

Can you send me the message details?

No. It’s just a receipt for $89.99 for “Tyranny” with the order # I gave you.

Can you forward it to my work email at***@******.***?

Ok

It was sent from *****@******.*** which is a scam.

Did you click on the email and enter any of your account information?

but every card # I put in it said it wasn’t on file.

You are going to need to cancel all of them and change any email and password ***** put in.

Ok. Thanks.

You're welcome.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius
Thank you very much!