Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I've had a message from Apple to tell me there has been

Customer Question
I've had a message...

I've had a message from Apple to tell me there has been unusual activity and unknown to me my password ***** been reset - which I didn't do. This message appeared on my laptop

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I haven't

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

There have been a lot of these scam emails going around lately and they will ask you for personal information like your social security number or other personal information. Apple would never ask you for information like this.

Make sure you can sign in here https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin and if you can go ahead and delete that email. If you cannot sign in reset your password. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Make sure you can sign in here if you in fact use an apple account https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin and if you can go ahead and delete that email. If you cannot sign in reset your password. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.