Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I locked myself out of my phone and can't remember my

Customer Question
Hi, I locked myself...

Hi, I locked myself out of my phone and can't remember my password

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I don't think i ever have or I can't remember.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, i don't know how. I'm computer challenged.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, please help me.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 5 months ago
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

Is this an iPhone you have locked yourself out of?

Iphone 6

If you've never synced with iTunes, you'll need to use recovery mode to restore your device. This will erase the device and its passcode.

1. Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.
  2. While your device is connected, force restart it:
    • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  3. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.

iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  4. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can set up and use your device.
I dont have iTunes on my computer

You can go to https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ to download it

Then where do i go?

Click the "Download Now" button

I did the download,now what? Im sorry i am computer challenged

• On an iPhone 6: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.

It shows i downloaded it. I'm lost

After you download iTunes, you have to go install it.

Ok. Now i have run this file. Security ezrning3

Is it installed?

If so, open iTunes

Thanks for your help, it's not working
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 5 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. I see the previous expert has opened the question up to the rest of the experts. Are you still in need of assistance?