Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My husband, son and I share an apple ID but it won't accept…

Customer Question
My husband, son and...

My husband, son and I share an apple ID but it won't accept the ID or password ***** my devices since we last changed it

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

2 weeks ago I know the password ***** it's working for them - but not me

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

If I reset it means i have to change password *****

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I am happy to set up a separate account for myself, but we share apple music?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is anyone there??
3/12/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 1 month ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. I am sorry for the length of time you have been waiting. With that in mind are you still in need of assistance?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am still in need of help

What are all the things you have done to try and recover your password?

I only ask to make sure you are not having to overlap steps again that you have already done.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't want to have to reset it again - because then my husband and son will also have to reset. What has been happening regularly is we reset - then the last person to login with new password *****'t get in. So we reset again. its a vicious circle! :-)
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If the answer is for me to get my own account I am fine with that - it's just we have a shared apple music account and I don't want to lose my music

Ok. Have you used the Apple Password ***** Tool?

To use the Apple Password ***** Tool, click here: iforgot.apple.com

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
tried that several times _ i don't want to have to change the password ***** we log in

can you sign in to appleid.apple.com ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i did the whole account recovery thing again and then itunes still wont accept my sign in
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you help me sign into my itunes account?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is this different then apple id?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Anyone there?

Are you able to sign in to appleid.apple.com ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did login there already and went through the account recovery - it didn't help me login

Please dial ‭(866)(###) ###-#### and select option 1. Let them know a former Mac Genius sent you. They will be able to help you reset your password. When finished messages me back, ok?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my only option is to reset AGAIN and create a new password?

Yes. You cannot get into your account.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can get into my account with current login - I went to the link you sent and was able to get in and view account. but when I try itunes it doesnt work

Is it the same account?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I thought it was?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Could it be that my itunes account is different that apple id?

It could be. Do they?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
if so then i have no clue! How do I just recover itunes login info?

In the account does it mention an account you were signed in?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It has an old email which we don't use anymore. So i take that email out and put in the one I do know is correct and that the other two accounts are signed it at.

The old email is the one you have to use. That is why it presents itself.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need to talk to someone this is crazy. i went through all the steps to get a new password ***** and it still wont sign me in

You need to reset the password ***** the account it is presenting at iforgot.apple.com

Mike, Mac Medic