Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

It says my Apple ID is locked. I just got a new iPhone 8…

It says my Apple...

It says my Apple ID is locked

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I just got a new iPhone 8 Saturday never had one before so I setup my Apple ID and the first time I went to the App Store to input my information it said my account was locked

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes I tried Saturday and again this morning and it said it would send further instructions to my phone to finish the reset which would have been yesterday when I tried Saturday but nothing came

3/12/2018
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. I am sorry for the length of time you have been waiting. With that in mind are you still in need of assistance?

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Click this link on your computer to connect remotely.

Once on the site DO NOT close the Join Session Popup

Click Download App

Once Downloaded

Click Launch App

I can’t get the remote login to open the url launch won’t work it keeps saying invalid address no matter what default I try to use and I can’t download the app bcuz of the problem I’m having with my Apple ID I can’t use the app store

Follow the guide:

Click Download App

Once Downloaded

Click Launch App

That brought me to a page with computer code on it. Doesn’t give me an option to run anything just to save as a file to the device or icloud

Not if you do it right. Follow the instructions:

Click Download App

Once Downloaded

Click Launch App

Literally right when I click on that link it brings me to a page that says blah blah and has the link that says your session but before I can click on it it loads another page that just come up as computer code

Go back and follow the directions word for word.

Click Download App

Once Downloaded

Click Launch App

Still the same thing is happening

Did you do it on your computer?

No I’m trying it on my phone. I’m not home right now I could try it on my computer later when I get home

Ok. It needs to be done on the computer like the directions state.

Alright yeah I must’ve missed that at first but I’ll be home in a few hours at work right now so can I just sign back in on here when I get to my computer?

Yes

Ok thanks

You're welcome

does it matter that my laptop is not an Apple product it’s a dell. My only Apple product is my new iphone

Not at all.

Click Download App

Once Downloaded

Click Launch App

Alright well I got it up and running on my PC

we are connected

I’m done on the phone. I got it straightened out

Aweseom!

Thank you for the help. I appreciate it

You're welcome!