Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I received an email saying my PW had been changed but I

Customer Question

I received an email saying my PW had been changed but I hadn’t done it so I immediately changed my psssword. Then called support. They wanted me to pay China Co to recover my phone. Wasn’t sure about that so did not continue until further research. So many scams out there. Do I need to do anything else. They told me someone had tried to use my acct in Arizona.
JA: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?
Customer: Today around noon. March 12, 2018
JA: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mac
Expert:  Chris L. replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. Were you able to change your password? Also did the original email you received say ask you for any personal information like your social security number or credit card?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I was able to change my PW but took a few tries. No personal info online but Apple Support asked for credit card.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do not want to pay for any services. I just need the Apple support people. Why did they send me to you?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This is not helpful. I need to cancel the credit card info
Expert:  Chris L. replied 8 months ago.

Ok I don't think you actually spoke to apple support as they would not ask for a credit card. If you were able to change your password ***** then you are all set and shouldn't have anything to worry about. You are right, there are a lot of scams out there so often if you search online for a company like apple or microsoft support number you will get a number that will take you to a scam company that tries to rob you. This website is not a free service, you are paying to speak to a verified professional. The site has an A+ rating with the BBB