Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am being charged and wants me to login and then unlock my…

I am being charged...

I am being charged and wants me to login and then unlock my account by giving my personal information (ssn and credit card). I assume it is a scam. I have changed my password ***** this happened a few weeks ago.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I am not sure. A few weeks ago, I think.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

How do I get there?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I could not see any payment being deducted from my account. Scam? Do you think? I will appreciate your help.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Jason Jones, Mac Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer.com. My name is***** give me a minute or two to look over your case. If there are any more details that you wish to give me regarding your case, type them in the box below and click the 'reply to expert' button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt. The remote service is guaranteed to to help and fix your problem.

Thank you,
Jason

That is a very common scam that the scammer criminals use. These people will call you, masquerading as Microsoft Techs, HP techs, or some other type of techs. They will then do their best to make you believe that you require their help in the way of remote support, customer support, software support, or something of the like. In the end, if you fall for it, you will be out hundreds of dollars.

If you gave the scammer any banking information, please contact your bank as soon as possible and report the scam so that they can block the payment to them. Also, you may wish to consider contacting your local authorities and reporting this crime, if any payment was made.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible. I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Thank you,
***** *****

Jason Jones, Mac Technician