Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I received 2 notifications this morning that someone had…

I received 2 notifications...

I received 2 notifications this morning that someone had signed in using my Apple ID and Facetime on a new Apple watch. I have a bunch of stuff on my desktop that I don't recognize as mine.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

It's been awhile.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. Honestly, these kinds of things are difficult for me and I'm sure I will need guidance. Will I be able to restore what I'm not able to access from a file?

3/12/2018
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. I am sorry for the length of time you have been waiting. With that in mind are you still in need of assistance?

Are you still able to sign in to appleid.apple.com ?

I’m a little leery of that. I would like to know if I was hacked and what the repercussions are and what you would be fixing for $39.

I would be helping you make sure everything is ok. Are you still able to sign in to appleid.apple.com ?

I using my cell phone now and when I hit the link for appleid it said it wasn’t able to access.
Okay, I'm on my MacBook Air now and when was able to access appleid on my cell but have forgotten what my apple ID and password ***** That is part of so much of my problems.
I'm in. Apparently, my password ***** ID were stored.

Ok. Have you used the Apple Password ***** Tool?

To use the Apple Password ***** Tool, click here: iforgot.apple.com

What would you like me to do now that I have it opened? Account? Security? Devices?

I was able to get in. Do you still want me to use the apple reset tool?

No

Okay. What next?

Now change the password.

Did I reset it?

As long as you followed the prompts then it was reset.

It is reset and I've used it for updates and ordering music. Thanks. How will I know if secure information was taken before I was able to change my password?

There wouldn't be anything it could have been stolen beside your address. I would change your security questions too and that should be good.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius