Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am trying to access my i phone and i pad from my DELL

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to access my i phone and i pad from my DELL computer so i can connect both of them to my i tunes account. my i phone has a damaged screen and now i cant open my i pad because its saying i have to connect to i tunes, it wont even let me enter my pass code

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Its been a while, probably j4-5 months ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

How do i do that

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yea i wont loose any pictures or other data when i reset will i ?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 1 month ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Unless you can unlock the iPhone you wont be able to access any content on it as it is locked.

But if you go to www.icloud.com

And sign into your account there, can you see your photos on it?

Please let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the problem is i have 2 factor authentication set up and every time it sends my code to the phone and i cant see the code to type it in on the i cloud login

Do you have a SIM card in your iPhone?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i do

Ok, what you will have to do is obtain temporarily a different phone.

Then put the SIM card from the iPhone into it as then that phone can receive your messages.

Once done, then you can sign in, and when you did, as long as your photos were enabled for backup to iCloud, then they will all be there for you to download

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can i put the sim card from the phone into the i pad for the same purpose

No sorry, that is only for a data connection

Richard, Apple Software Engineer