Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Powerbook Pismo 400MHZ lights up, but won't boot. Tried both…

Powerbook Pismo 400MHZ lights...

Powerbook Pismo 400MHZ lights up, but won't boot.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a PRAM reset on your PowerBook (rebooting and holding down Command, Option, P, and R)? Or rebooting in Recovery Mode (holding down Command and R)?

Tried both repeatedly.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it.

3/12/2018
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you please disconnect the power cable then hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.

Then connect the power cable, power it on and tell me if it then starts correctly please

Thank you

Same Screen lights up, but that's it. Battery is dead. Only works when the power cord is plugged in.

Thanks

The battery is at fault here, this is the cause of the issue.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Powerbook to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Apple Software Engineer

I see you requested I call you to explain this, do you wish me to call you now?

Please let me know

Since I've owned it this Powerbook has never been connected to the internet. I connected it to the router for the first time just now, but I have no idea how you're going to connect. If I need to have the battery replaced to fix the issue I'll take that path.

Yes, as we discussed the battery needs replacement in it

Ok, thanks for the advice

You are welcome