Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac, my iphone was stolen yesterday and they turned it off…

Customer Question
Hi Mac, my iphone...

Hi Mac, my iphone was stolen yesterday and they turned it off around 14:30 yesterday. How can I track it, find it as it has all my work, contacts, life on it, please. The police aren't doing anything. The longer its lost the harder it will be to retrieve the contents.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac? What about your iPhone?

Iphone7

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried with your Mac?

I am using a mac tablet but it is an iphone 7 that was stolen in the Blacktown area but traced to mount druitt bus terminal. Do you need the ime number to track it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I am using a samsung tablet to try to find it as i do not have a phone.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The imei is 355347083029500.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The mobile phone number is +61420785353 but the people who stole it switched it off so I cannot trace it through "find my phone". I know it can be tracked other ways though.it was last tracked to Mount Druitt, Sydney bus terminal when it was turned off. Email:***@******.***. the only way I can be contacted. Thank you
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am with optus and do not know the service offer. I changed from telstra premium to optus.
3/12/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 1 month ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When you go to use Find My Phone, what exactly happens?

Please let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The iphone was turned off around 2.15 - 2.30 pm yesterday (sunday), i found a person to call the number and they said it was switched off / or no one answered. Because I was not around anyone I knew they couldn't do the find my phone until someone suggested I go to Optus store to track it. It happened at Blacktown station and it was tracked to Mount Druitt bus interchange where they must have switched it off. The tracker did not move from that location. The phone has all my contacts, passwords etc in it and somehow I have got to find it and retrieve all the data. I had updated my icloud but I do not think that it backed it all up. I had problems with activating the backup. Eventually went to a store for assistance.
All my work comes through on email and messages, my courses come through the same way. I have a .ot of data for tne phone due to this.I know there are ways to track phones, everything whether they are on or off.
My tablet is synch with my phone as well.
Thanks, lea
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How can you troubleshoot if I do not have the phone itself unless you can remotely turn it on.

Ok, click on my link below

www.icloud.com

Sign in with the Apple ID you used on the phone, then click on Find My Phone.

Tell me what you then see

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am using a samsung tablet so how do I sign into icloud from it as it says the browser does not support it.

You will need to do this on a computer, please do the steps on either a Mac or Windows computer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Richard , I just used work tablet and it says, all devices are "offline' with a picture of phone, tablet and pc. No location can be found. Earlier it still showed where it had been turned off, and please notify when lost, notification when turned on was suppose to go to police station as I no longer have a phone. I was working off my mobile phone for everything. My life is on that phone.

Ok, this is the only method sorry to track it.

Before, did you choose for it to notify you when it was turned on?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
To notify the police number but that was a landline, not a mobile number. They could have accessed it and turned off, find my phone. I was told that you can buy another apple phone and if they give you the same phone number you can accesss all your data. Is this true?

Yes, if you sign in with the same Apple ID, the number can even be different, it needs to be the same Apple ID

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My phone number is ***** in everywhere for everything I do like my email address! Do I go to an Apple store or do I go to the optus store?

If you need another phone you can go to either, though as you have an optus account I would advise to go there.

I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How can I track my phone to have it returned to me if the phone is turned off?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you remotely turn the phone on so it can be tracked even if it has been trashed somewhere?

Hi there

No it is not possible sorry

Richard, Apple Software Engineer