Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have just upgraded my iPad and am having dificulties

Customer Question

I have just upgraded my iPad and am having dificulties getting started, forgot my ID and or password
JA: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?
Customer: I have no idea, I've had my old iPad for five years and I am an old man.
JA: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?
Customer: No I didn't know about it
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

Lets try the following steps to reset your apple id password, Go to the link below, enter your applie id.

https://iforgot.apple.com/

After entering your apple id, either answer your security questions and reset your password. Or , have an email sent to your email address. Then open your email and click the reset link inside that email to reset your password.

Once you have set a new password. Turn your device off, then back on and try to sign in with the apple id and the new password ***** just set.
If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.