Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My 27”. IMac is showing the locked screen symbol fooolowing…

Customer Question
My 27”. IMac is...

My 27”. IMac is showing the locked screen symbol fooolowing an unsuccessful attenmpt to run DiskWarrior. I doi not have a firmware password ***** relerase it. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Some months ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just the procedure to follow

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/12/2018
Mac Support Specialist: TD White, Mac Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
TD White
TD White, Mac Enthusiast

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I am a Mac Specialist and IT Tutor for over 15 years. I will be more than happy to assist you with your support request.

My apologies for the challenge you are having with this issue with getting your firmware password *****

In order to get your firmware password ***** from your iMac, I'm afraid, there is only one option when it comes to firmware password ***** and there is no way to get around it.

If you forgot your firmware password

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204455

You will see that Apple denotes that the only step you can take is to take your iMac in for service at your local Apple Retail Store nearest to your home location in the state you reside in, in Australia.

It is at the Apple store you go to, that they can work to remove the firmware password ***** help you get your access back to your iMac 27" login account(s).

This is a low-level encrypted security on your hard drive, therefore if you are unsure what the firmware password ***** this would be the next step you would need to take.

Let me know if you have any further questions, or if you would like me to set up a Genius Bar appointment for you, I am here to help any way I can.

Thanks,

TD