Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I can't remember my Apple ID or password. It was at least…

Customer Question
I can't remember my...

I can't remember my Apple ID or password

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

It was at least 2yrs ago. This is an older iPad that my daughter gave me a few weeks ago. However, I had her reset all settings to factory reset. I have not signed into my apple account sense I created it 2yrs ago. It was actually an iCloud account. I'm thinking it was***@******.***, but it does not work

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes, but when I got to the robot feature neither the text I copied or voice message worked for me

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Only if you need additional info

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/11/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Edward Dorsey,
 replied 4 months ago
Edward Dorsey

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the Experts with JustAnswer.com. How are you today? Hopefully, I can assist you with an answer. Please remember to rate my answer(s) before you leave the session today, and remember it is my answer(s) to your specific question here you are rating and nothing else. I would also like a chance to respond again if you feel that the answers need a followup before you rate it. I will respond to that request as soon as possible after I'm notified. In the end, if you are satisfied with my answer(s), please rate me as between 3-5 stars and click Submit at the top of the page. I will then receive credit for helping you. Thanks.

Mac Support Specialist: Edward Dorsey,
 replied 4 months ago

Assuming you have access to a PC or Mac, you can start your password ***** steps at https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid. Select and answer the questions presented. Also, see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203304 if your iPhone asks you to confirm your phone number when activating in the U.S.

​If that still doesn't work for you can call Apple Support at(###) ###-####for assistance or they can arrange to call you back. Visit https://getsupport.apple.com/