Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I'm having trouble with a frozen screen on a Windows based…

Customer Question
Hi - I'm having...

Hi - I'm having trouble with a frozen screen on a Windows based health insurance form program that I have on my MacBook Pro and is accessed through the Parallels that I have installed. The screen is frozen and when I Force Quit it and restart it, it returns with the same frozen screen. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

A long time ago, I believe

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No - I didn't - Maybe you could walk me through this, please. BTW - this is all happening on my MacBook Pro, which is next to me - as I'm writing to you from my iMac desk top.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. This is it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
When will you be responding to me? It is now 3:28PM PDTThank you.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/12/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 4 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.

Thank you