Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I dropped my IPOD in water it does not work properly what…

Customer Question
I dropped my IPOD...

I dropped my IPOD in water it does not work properly what should I do?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your iPod?

1 month

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your iPod?

I am trying putting it in rice

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

How do you open it up

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

When did you drop it in the water?

what is the problem you said you need a minute and your asking for secure remote assistance..

The remote assistance is an automatic pop-up, you can ignore it.

When did you drop it in the water?

this am

Thank you. Make sure you dry off the iPod completely with a towel. Then turn off the power. This is important. Once it is powered down, stick it in rice, completely covered, for 24 hours. There is no way to open an iPod. After 24 hours, turn it on and test it. If it still does not work, turn it back off immediately and place it back in the rice for an additional 24 hours.

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of this page. Thank you, ***** ***** a great day!