Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have the iTunes logo, an arrow and a usb cable diagram on…

I have the iTunes...

I have the iTunes logo, an arrow and a usb cable diagram on my screen. Press Home and top button, but just returns to logo, etc. iPHone 6SE

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update iTunes?

Today before this all happened

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your iTunes?

I was trying to see photos that I had taken in the last week. Never could find them.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

3/11/2018
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That screen indicates that the firmware/software of your iPhone is corrupted. It is also possible that this is a hardware issue. This usually happens if the phone was interrupted during the update. You need to update or restore the iPhone software through iTunes application (from computer). Updating will not delete anything, but restoring will delete everything from the iPhone unfortunately. But we will try to update it without restoring first, so if there is any way to get your date, this will do it.

But if you've backed up your iPhone to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPhone from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account.

Follow the steps below to update or restore your iPhone from your computer.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer. iTunes will ask you to update or restore your iPhone. Try Update first. This will download the firmware and once it is finished, it will update. If it gives any error, disconnect and reconnect your iPhone. Then hit Update again.

If that didn't work, then repeat the steps again and this time click Restore.

Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPhone (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button - a downward arrow button with spinning circle around it, at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was trying to update iTunes while I was waiting. Screen now has Apple logo with timing bar. So I will wait to see what happens. Obviously, I don't want to restore and lose data. Timing bar about half way at the moment. iTunes saying it is "updating software on this phone". Have Apple logo again with bar. iTunes itself showing Music (audio book). Bar almost done

Let it complete and let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Your text finally came thru. Should I follow your directions at this point?

Let iTunes complete the update. It is re-updating the iPhone. Once it is finished, it should work. Let me know how it goes

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Seems to be working OK. Didn't try all apps. How do I get to my photos that ended up on iCloud. Saw directions on internet but last option for getting to them doesn't exist on phone -- no option to download to PC.

Are you using an Apple Mac or Windows PC?

You can always access the iCloud photos via www.icloud.com

If you are using Windows, then see here --> https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT205323

If you are using Mac, see here --> https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204264

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Windows 7. iCloud photos folder is empty.

Are you sure your photos are uploading to iCloud? Check it in Settings > your name > Photos > iCloud Photo Library

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK I found iCloud Photo Library and turned it on. Now what?

If it was turned off, then you are supposed to be able to download them via Computer.

Open Computer in Explorer and you will see iPhone icon. Right click and do you see "Import Photos and Videos". Do it.

Also, do you have an app named Dropbox on your IPhone?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Don't remember ever putting Dropbox on phone. Have on both PCs. (one cptr for "business", other for photos). Clicked on Import etc. If I choose just "import" at this point, will it download all photos on phone or can I pick and choose?

It will import all photos on the phone. You can open the iPhone name, open DCIM folder and open the subfolders to import the selected photos.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK I just clicked on "Import". I'll go thru and delete what I don't want on the PC. Where is it importing to?

To Pictures folder

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK, came up with folder with all photos. Any other trouble I can get myself into? You've been a great help!!!

You can simply copy and paste them to your computer. That is all you need to do.

If you don't want your photos to be stored on iCloud, then you can disable the option you enabled

Ashik, Mac Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK. Thanks so much. Have written down your name so that, hopefully, I can get you back again for future problems.

You're welcome!

Ashik, Mac Technician