Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

IPad mini has thin black lines at bottom of screen

IPad mini has thin...

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot on your device (pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 10 seconds)?

Yes

3/11/2018
Josh, Mac Support

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do

Please press and hold down the POWER and HOME buttons together on your iPad until you see the Apple icon. After you see the icon, release the buttons and the iPad will restart

Do you still have the issue? If yes, how old is the iPad?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have done that multiple times and I still have the problem. The iPad mini is 2 years old.

Unfortunately, the screen will need to be repaired/replaced. You can take it into a local Apple store for repair

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thanks

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I had already decided I would take by the shop tomorrow because I figured it would need to be fixed so not your fault

I appreciate the understanding.

Josh, Mac Support
Josh, Mac Support