Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just got an e-mail saying my iCloud was accessed from

Customer Question
I just got an...

I just got an e-mail saying my iCloud was accessed from someone in Russia how do I know this is from apple asking for info

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

About 3months ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

They asked for my sis and credit card info, I don’t want to give that info out

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Is this apple or just someone asking for my info

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/11/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

There have been a lot of these scam emails going around lately and they will ask you for personal information like your social security number or other personal information. Apple would never ask you for information like this. Do not reply to this email or click any links in it, just delete it.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.