Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Have forgotten user name. IPad. Tried several combinations.

Customer Question
Have forgotten user name ...

Have forgotten user name

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

IPad

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Tried several combinations. Do not use it that often

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Mac Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Please give me just a moment to review your question.

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

Your Apple id and password ***** used for all Apple products including iTunes, and iCloud. Your ID is usually an email address. Please go to https://appleid.apple.com. Click on FORGOT APPLE ID OR PASSWORD. Enter your email address and then type in the letters that you see in the CAPTCHA box. If this is a valid email address Associated with an Apple account you can proceed to reset your password. If it is not, you'll see a message in red that says "___ is not an Apple ID.". If that is case you will need to try another email address that you may have used.

Once you have the right email address (which is also your Apple id), Click on CONTINUE and then follow the instructions on the screen to reset your password. choose to either have instructions sent to you via email, or choose "answer security questions" whichever you prefer. This should allow you to regain access to your account.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. Thank you!

I want my money back! I was asked for my email address which is the only one I have
ever used. ***@******.***. They don’t wa to accept this. What is wrong? I was originally asked for 5 dollars.
Ow it is thirty-five. I did not authorize that additional amount. What a gyp and scam.
I have already paid enough. You want 39 more in addition to 35 I have already paid. As I said
what a gap and scam.

I mentioned to you in my initial response that you would " see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website" I also told you that "They are completely optional." and that you shoudl ignore them. This is not a scam at all.

As an independent contractor I don't have access to billing informatio. However, if you would like a refund, you can contact Customer Support via email at *****@******.*** or you can view options for contacting them by chat or phone at ww2.justanswer.com/help.

I just checked and the email address that you provided IS a valid APPLE ID. Do you still have access to the phone # ending in 23? If so we can reset the password ***** your this APPLE ID.

Have been asked for a different
email address. This is the only one
I have ever used.

Where are you being asked for a different email address? Is this happening on your iPad? Does it happen when you try to sign in to iCloud or iTunes or is it a popup that is asking for your Apple id? Do you see anything about activation lock?