Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I’m on Facebook and cannot use the shop button using the…

I’m on Facebook and...

I’m on Facebook and cannot use the shop button using the app. I have to have a direct link to the store or have to go on the web using Facebook then the shop button works. It’s happened to my Safeway app as well.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Facebook?

A day or two ago. I always keep current

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I’ve been using my iPad Pro when this started

3/11/2018
Josh, Mac Support

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

This has been happening for awhile now. Still happening.

Please press and hold down the POWER and HOME buttons together on your iPad until you see the Apple icon. After you see the icon, release the buttons and the iPad will restart

Are you using the Facebook app?

Shop button will work if I use the website. Is it because I now have a iPad Pro?

No, it is likely an issue with the app.

Go into App store then Updates

Do you see an update for the Facebook app?

I just did a update 1 or 2 days ago. The same is happening with my Safeway app.

Did it happen before the update?

Go into Settings then General then Software Update

Do you see any updates?

I have iOS 11.2.6 which is current

Which shop button are you referring to?

From people with businesses that have things to sell. There is a shop button. I had no problem when I had my iPad 3

Have you tried a lot of different businesses to see if it happens on all of them?

It happens to all of them. If there is a direct link provided to inside the store I can shop, so it’s like going in the back door.
I really have to go now. I have things to do. Since you didn’t use remote assistant can I assume I will be refunded the $39?

Yes

Josh, Mac Support