syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer
Experience:  Systems Engineer with over 18 years experience in configuration, integration and troubleshooting
13852270

Cannot connect to netflix. Do not know my son set it up and

Customer Question

cannot connect to netflix
JA: What version of iTunes are you using to sync your Apple device?
Customer: do not know my son set it up and he has moved out
JA: When did you last reboot?
Customer: moments ago
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I get netflix on my lap top but not tv
Category: Mac
Expert:  syseng replied 8 months ago.

My name is David.

Occasionally memory errors occur in network devices that cause this type of problem. So first, to rule out that possibility, power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Then do the same with your WiFi router (if you have a separate WiFi router rather than a modem that provides both routing and WiFi). Then reboot your TV after the router/modem has completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result.