Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Safari icon doesn’t respond on iMac Sierra. Can’t get on…

Customer Question
Safari icon doesn’t respond on...
Safari icon doesn’t respond on iMac Sierra. Can’t get on internet to add another search engine
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
3/11/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 1 month ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not sure how you can connect...I can’t get online because of this issue.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m messaging with you from my iPhone

Do you have the issue after restarting your computer?

Click on the Go menu the Applications

Open Safari from there

Does it work?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. The safari icon just makes a quick flash..not a bounce..but does nothing.

Make sure you’re using the latest versions of Safari and macOS. To check for a Safari or a macOS update, choose Apple menu > App Store, then click Updates.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Shows a security update , and ones for keynote numbers pages iMovie and garage band. Nothing for Safari

Run all of the updates then restart

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I ran all of the updates. Safari still not responding
  1. Choose Apple menu > Restart. After your Mac restarts (some Mac computers play a startup sound), press and hold the Command and R keys until the Apple logo appears, then release the keys.

2. Click Disk Utility, then click Continue.

3. In the sidebar, select the disk you want to repair.

4. Click the First Aid button .

If Disk Utility tells you the disk is about to fail, back up your data and replace the disk. You can’t repair it. Otherwise, continue to step 6.

5. Click Run.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried those repair steps earlier...Everything checked out ok. I’m in the process of restoring everything back to factory settings

OK let me know how it goes

Mike, Mac Medic