Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a DMC-FZ1000 and a Mac 10.13.3. I want to download…

I have a DMC-FZ1000...

I have a DMC-FZ1000 and a Mac 10.13.3. I want to download images from my camera. I have iphoto set up with a folder and plugged in the UBS cord from my camera to my computer. When I opened the view panel on my camera it asked me to select PC or other connection (I don't remember anymore) and I selected PC. My iphoto shows a folder Lumix and my camera now has a black screen with arrows that look like its connected.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Apple device?

Not sure what you mean. This is a MacBook Pro. I am connected to Wi-Fi - is that what you mean?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

There isn't anything wrong with my WI-FI connection. I'm confused, what does this have to transferring my images to my computer via a UBS cable?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm still not clear on anything you're asking so I guess they'll help me.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't know why I'm paying $5. My camera is under warrantee.
3/11/2018
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I have no power over charges, billing, no access to your credit information. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

***@******.***

or through Chat or Phone by way of this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

As for the camera: turn it Off. Unplug it from the computer, too.

Remove the battery from it. Leave the camera that way for at least 1 hour.

After that - try the connection again, only don't choose 'PC Connection', try choosing Other.

You may need to start software on your computer, or double-click on the camera's icon on your Desktop screen, to open it to see/select/copy/paste picture files from your camera.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. I appreciate your response. I guess you didn't receive the notice that I cancelled your service.

It is certain that I received no such notice. Which is reasonable enough, considering that I (as a JustAnswer Expert) advise customers on technical matters, but I do not handle billing, payments, subscription/membership status and standing, etc.

If my response helped clarify the problem at all - please rate my answer and my work, to close the case and the call. Thank you, ***** ***** a great day! (Five stars would best express appreciation of my efforts on your behalf.)

Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert