Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How do I mute my iPad 2. 9.3.5. Going on 1 week. I have

Customer Question
How do I mute...

How do I mute my iPad 2

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

9.3.5

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Going on 1 week

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I have turned the volume button to mute my iPad also does not rotate

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/10/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 4 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Open Settings, General > Use Side Switch to:

Mute System sounds. If this option is selected, the switch on the side of the iPad above the volume rocker will mute system sounds.

If you choose Lock Screen Rotation, then the switch locks the screen rotation using same button.

You can also access rotation or mute option using Control Center. Swipe up from the bottom and this will bring control. Tap on the bell icon to mute or unmute it. You can also touch the lock icon to enable or disable rotation.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.