Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I cannot get a password. Apple. Apple computer Apple iPad…

I cannot get a...

I cannot get a password

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Apple

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Apple computer Apple iPad and Apple phone

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

It goes on with my main computer only. Started about a week ago

3/11/2018
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.
By performing the following procedure you can reset the password:

Reboot your computer.

Press the Command and R keys at the same time immediately when the computer initially starts and hold them until you see the Apple logo.

Wait until the computer boots into Recovery Mode.

Click the Utilities tab in the top menu bar.

Select Terminal

Type resetpassword ***** the terminal window and press Enter.

Close the Terminal window.

In the Reset Password ***** that is now visible, select a user account and type in a new password.

Click Save and then click the Apple menu and select the restart option.

When the computer boots, login with the new password.

Please let me know if you need assistance with any of the steps.

Thanks,

David.

syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer
Thank you. I will remember this.