Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I cannot remember my username in the system administrator…

Customer Question
I cannot remember my...

I cannot remember my username in the system administrator portion of my macbook air.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook Air?

10.1.2

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Air? What have you tried so far?

I tried my name and all versions of it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I do know the password.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
Am I going to get an answer
3/11/2018
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.
By performing the following procedure you can reset the password:

Reboot your computer.

Press the Command and R keys at the same time immediately when the computer initially starts and hold them until you see the Apple logo.

Wait until the computer boots into Recovery Mode.

Click the Utilities tab in the top menu bar.

Select Terminal

Type resetpassword ***** the terminal window and press Enter.

Close the Terminal window.

In the Reset Password ***** that is now visible, select a user account and type in a new password.

Click Save and then click the Apple menu and select the restart option.

When the computer boots, login with the new password.

Please let me know if you need assistance with any of the steps.