Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just bought a new iPad. I have had 3 devices with the same…

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a new iPad.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

I have had 3 devices with the same Apple ID. Also the same iCloud account & password ***** all three. I replaced the old iPad with a new one. After the iCloud-based setup I cannot access the Apps store or iTunes. It demands a password ***** an old email address I no longer use. I can’t get into get apps or music. Totally stuck.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

My daughter uses that old email addresss for her devices etc, but her PW doesn’t work on my devices and anyway I need to get access for my devices under my current email and password. Nothing works.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
the new iPad is iOS 11.2.1
3/10/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 4 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. I am sorry for the length of time you have been waiting. With that in mind are you still in need of assistance?

thank you, I'm hoping for a solution..

If you wouldn't mind please type out the issue you are having so we can be sure to resolve it during this interaction.

I typed it out above.. here goes again.
I have a MacBook Pro, an iPhone and an iPhone all using the same Apple ID and sharing iCloud under that ID - that email is***@******.***. I bought a new iPad today and set it up using iCloud to replace the old iPad..
However, I cannot get access to the Apps store or iTunes - both have me connected to an old email that I don’t use. (My daughter is using that old email address, but her passwords don’t work on my devices and anyway I need to get routine access to Apps and iTunes using my current ID and email and passwords. I’m totally locked out and no one here can figure this out.

Can you sign in to appleid.apple.com ?

I just logged in to applied.apple.com

If there are apps that are tied to your old email/appleid you will need to reset that password ***** iforgot.apple.com

Ok, but how do I get the email user IDs changed? I need to get the Apps store and iTunes onto the new ID not just change the paawords - I think.
I went to I forgot.apple.com. That site seems to be just for resetting the PW for my Apple ID. But that is not the problem I’m having. My Apple ID is working fine . I just can’t get in to Apps or iTunes because they are tied to an old ID - so how can I unhook them from the old ID and get the working with my otherwise just fine current Apple ID that I’ve had for two years already.
Is anyone there.