Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My IPhone is locked and it is going to be used with another…

My IPhone is locked...

My IPhone is locked and it is going to be used with another Telco regards

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I have never used the phone and I tried what I thought was the original password ***** did not work

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No I have not

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Do I have the Optus SIM or Telstra SIM in the phone?

3/10/2018
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about unlocking. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Do you mean it is carrier locked?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

I initially gave you the wrong Mobile no it should be 0408 902 635
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Do you mean it is carrier locked?

it is disabled
I am not going to pay $55 what do I have to do?
What is happening Justin?

Do you have a computer you can plug your phone into?

It is plugged in

Ok follow these instructions:

DFU Mode Steps:
Plug your iOS device into your computer and open iTunes.
Hold the Power Button (3 secs)
Continue holding the power button and also hold the home button (15 secs)
Release the power button while continuing to hold the home button (10 secs)
Your device should prompt with the "Connect to iTunes Screen"

iOS Restore Steps:
Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when it appears in iTunes. Select the Summary tab, and click the Restore button.
Click Restore.
After a restore, the iOS device restarts. You should then see "Slide to set up". Follow the steps in the iOS Setup Assistant.
If needed, restore your device from a previous backup.

There is the guide. If you would like me to help you with this remotely please select the option for Secure Remote Assistance.

The Apple Logo appears & then goes back to Iphone is disabled

It is a difficult process try it a few times.

i have & it Itunes is now downloading an update to restore the Iphone

Ok

it is still loading

Ok

I have finally restored and setup the Iphone - thanks Justin

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius