Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My Apple ID is rejected, & I can't reset (e-mail doesn't…

Customer Question
My Apple ID is...

My Apple ID is rejected, & I can't reset (e-mail doesn't arrive). My username is "*****@******.***" - which, of course, is one of my e-mail addresses.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Might have been a year ago??

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

How do I try that?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/10/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 4 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about Apple Id. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

What are all the things you have done to try and recover your password? I only ask to make sure you are not having to overlap steps again that you have already done.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

I keep records of all my PWs, sometimes with dates, and when I tried to buy an app with my iPhone I tried all 5 PWs on my list. None worked, so I tried to reset, using both options: e-mail & answering security Qs. Neither worked (no e-mail, 7 nothing happened after answering Qs). I was hoping tolearn what my PW was, or failing that, how to reset. Does this sound like something you could help with?
Are we still communicating?

Yes

What are all the things you have done to try and recover your password?

I only ask to make sure you are not having to overlap steps again that you have already done.

You ask what I have done to recover PW. I tried the 5 PWs on my list, and when none of them worked I chose an option to reset PW. However, the e-mail with a PW reset instructions never arrived. I also tried to reset by answering security Qs, but that went nowhere.

Ok. Have you used the Apple Password ***** Tool?

To use the Apple Password ***** Tool, click here: iforgot.apple.com

Thanks for the link. I'm trying it out. Will reply abt how that turns out.

ok

My account is "locked" - perhaps because I didn't give correct to one of the security Qs. The e-mail address that they want to send to is one I don't recognize. Apple security wins! I give up! Thanks to all the sociopaths in the world, we have to waste out time with these things. Time to become a hermit!Thanks for your help.Bye

Please dial ‭(866)(###) ###-#### and select option 1. Let them know a former Mac Genius sent you. They will be able to help you reset your password. When finished messages me back, ok?

Justin,OK, I spoke with an Apple guy who has a complicated procedure for resetting my PW.Thanks for your help!Bruce