Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I need to change my password that I use to open my computer.

Customer Question
I need to change...

I need to change my password ***** I use to open my computer

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I don't want to change my Apple ID just my password ***** open this computer, I had some work done on it for security

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Where would I find that?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thats it, Thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/9/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 4 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. I am sorry for the length of time you have been waiting. With that in mind are you still in need of assistance?

I am, I need to change the password ***** my computer, not my apple password

What are all the things you have done to try and recover your password?

I only ask to make sure you are not having to overlap steps again that you have already done.

I have done nothing, I know the password ***** want to change it

And this is to sign on to your computer?

Do you know what OS version you are running?

No I am sorry, I'm not sure

Have you recently updated?

My husband can't remember. Is there a place I can find out?

Yes. Restart the computer holding the CMD + R and when it starts let me know what the installer is for.

Sorry, I have to leave now,I thought I would have enough time. Can I talk to you later

Yes