Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I need to recover my password and this is what was sent to…

Customer Question
I need to recover...

I need to recover my password ***** this is what was sent to me

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

My mac air

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

?? lol OS

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

I used all the password ***** I thought it could be. I wrote them down and the last one that I changed it to seems not to be workign.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing just that I am really trying to get my password, because I am locked out of my information on my computer

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/9/2018
Mac Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Are you able to login to your MAC? If not, what do you see above the password *****? Is it an email address or just a user name?

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

I can but I can't get into my icloud or purchase also can t update some apps

Thank you for that information. Your Apple id and password ***** used for all Apple devices and products including iTunes, and iCloud. Your ID is usually an email address. Please go to https://appleid.apple.com. Click on FORGOT APPLE ID OR PASSWORD. Enter your email address and then type in the letters that you see in the CAPTCHA box. Click on CONTINUE and then follow the instructions on the screen to reset your password. choose to either have instructions sent to you via email, or choose "answer security questions" whichever you prefer. This should allow you to regain access to your account.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If you have any problems with any of the steps or need clarification, just let me know. If for any reason this doesn't work for you, please tell me so I can provide additional help. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!