Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Activation lock on my ipad. Someone tried to use my tablet I…

Customer Question
Activation lock on my...

Activation lock on my ipad

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Someone tried to use my tablet I do not remember by password ***** tablet was set up

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
3/9/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 5 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue.

There is only one way you can remove the activation lock and that is with a computer running itunes and your ipad connected to it... Do you have this setup to complete activation?

No computer
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 5 months ago

I rejected remote support because it cannot be done to an ipad.

Your going to need a computer and itunes to fix this

Ok
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 5 months ago
  1. Launch Settings from the Home screen.
  2. Tap on iCloud.
  3. Tap Find My iPhone.

4. Switch Find My iPhone to Off.
  5. Enter your Apple ID password ***** confirm.
  6. Tap Turn Off.

Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 5 months ago

TRY THIS ABOVE

Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 5 months ago

The activation lock is antitheft security from apple and is tied to find my iphone service

If you can turn it off you can at least use it

Can not turn off screen set on lock
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 5 months ago

Ok your going to to have to Call apple and once you prove who you are they can release the lock instantly for you

Apple Support Canada 1-***-***-****

Call this number and they will activate it for you

R u fixing my tablet
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 5 months ago

Read all my responses

I called number does it take long to answer
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 5 months ago
Depends how busy they are but usually the wait is not long my friend
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 5 months ago

Did you get it reactivated?