Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

There is an activation lock on my ipad2. A time ago. But it…

Customer Question
There is an activation...

There is an activation lock on my ipad2

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

A long time ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes, but it kept saying my Apple ID / password ***** *****

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/9/2018
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Go to your Apple ID account page at the link below and click "Forgot Apple ID or password." If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-factor authentication instead.

https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin

Enter your Apple ID.

Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue and follow the rest of the steps as prompted.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.